US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
2:00 – 5:00 PM
2425 E. Perry Rd. Suite 150 Plainfield, IN 46168
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for the following warehouse activities including but not limited to: shipping, receiving, putaway, replenishment, item demand, consolidation, count checks, loading and unloading of trucks.
$18.75/hr. - $1,000 Sign on Bonus
- Generous 401k – 3% contributed regardless of contribution, in addition to a 50% match up to 6%
- 4 health plans to choose from
Unloading & loading of shipments: Uses various powered industrial equipment to perform the following:
- Unload inbound shipments and convey product to staging area to be received in
- Inspect, count & examine all shipments being unloaded against PO’s for damages and/or discrepancies
- Document all overages, shortages and damages
- Ensure that all necessary signatures are on the driver’s paperwork before the driver is released
- Wrap pallets by machine or hand to ensure stability
- Load outbound shipments in a way so that they are stable to ensure safety and avoid product being damaged
- Conveying of items from the Receiving area or Staging area to Home, Overflow or Bulk locations
Replenishment, Item Demand, Count Checks and Consolidation of items in the warehouse:
- Convey items from storage locations to Home/Bulk locations
- Consolidate like items in storage locations to maximize warehouse space
- Count inventory to make sure product quantities are correct in the locations
Receiving, picking and shipping of warehouse items:
- Receive in product in accordance with correct associated PO numbers
- Complete discrepancy forms for any overages, shortages or damages
- Break down & separate product by specific item numbers
- Select various orders within the warehouse
- Stack product on pallets to be conveyed to outbound staging area
- Check pallets brought to staging area for errors
- Adjust pallet quantities from one pallet to another to ensure even weight distribution on the pallets
Warehouse Housekeeping and Safety:
- Clean dock areas & all assigned aisles in accordance with warehouse policy
- Comply with all Safety regulations and standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in a warehouse environment preferred
- Proficient in the operation of Powered Industrial Trucks such as stand-up reach truck or other industrial equipment (i.e., double pallet jack) preferred
- Warehouse Management System (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft) experience preferred
- Experience with RF or Voice devices preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
- Planning/Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; compute rate, ratio and percent; use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read, understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Complies with local, state and federal regulations and safety guidelines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently prepared and ready to work and on time.
- Experience with WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft, Voice Recognition and RF devices a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Experience:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee moves different package sizes and weights and is regularly required to walk, stand, sit and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, office and warehouse equipment and telephone or Voice Recognition and RF devices to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance. The employee is required to lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance.
- This position will primarily work in a warehouse environment and may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, cold or elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and environment fast paced. This position may require evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.