US3084 The SYGMA Network, Inc.
$5,000.00 Sign on Bonus
Manages the functions and coordinates the activities of the Accounts Payable function, provides management of department staff and performs related duties.
- Oversees the accounts payable and vendor receivables functions to ensure compliance with established guidelines
- Conducts customer audit research by pulling invoices/purchase orders and researches billing problems in an effort to ensure accurate information for planning and evaluation activities
- Receives, bills, and pays drop shipments to ensure proper processing of accounts
- Researches and determines the status of outstanding corporate billings and then recommends corrective action to be taken to ensure accurate information for planning and evaluation activities
- Monitors vendor debit memos and credits to make sure amounts are deducted or a check is received
- Researches the cause of variances by analyzing receiving / proforma function in an effort to identify needed corrective actions
- Purges aged proformas which are left on trial balance in excess of six months to ensure accurate up to date information is being used for accounting purposes
- Review vendor statements for discrepancies, researches open items, communicate with vendors and resolves Sysco related issues.
- Performs continuous improvement analysis to improve auto voucher statistics
- Support the month-end general ledger close as directed
- Works with SMS and Corporate on intercompany billing issues to conclusion
- Makes decisions regarding personnel recruitment, selection, and orientation of new employees
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting preferred
Minimum 2 years of accounting experience plus 2 years supervisory experience required
- Good knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, regulations governing accounting practices, computerized accounting systems and preparation of financial reports, statements, and schedules
- Must also have a good working knowledge of forms associated with purchasing and shipping and management principles including developing objectives, projecting and managing under a budget, evaluating department operations, and supervising and motivating employees
- Must possess excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.