US0047 Sysco Minnesota, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
This is a professional sales position responsible for growing new business within produce categories, with the expectation of achieving assigned business goals while enhancing the customer experience. This will be accomplished through maintaining industry and category specific certification status and direct selling of categories to customers. Specialists will prioritize time, targets, and team selling efforts based on market insights and data analytics.
As noted in Sysco’s Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, and Delivering Business Results.
- Develop and execute targeted produce sales strategies to achieve region and individual annual business goals, delivering profitable sales growth and penetration across categories, specialty segments, and Sysco brand
- Identify the needs of customers and prospects to assemble a product mix that delivers solutions and helps achieve business objectives
- Utilize data analytics to prioritize produce opportunities
- Actively seek, qualify, and support top prospect conversion to Sysco
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided
- Track activities and results, collaborate on opportunities, and champion the team selling process through use of Salesforce (Sysco’s CRM tool)
- Leverage sampling in a solutions-oriented manner to close sales
- Provide feedback to specialty companies and merchandising on product quality, product integrity, product mix, customer satisfaction, perceived value and competition
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, chefs and sales team members
- Support execution of prioritized sales strategies through direct selling and engagement of customers and prospects at Sysco events (e.g. food shows, industry events)
- Minimum: High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years of sales experience within a retail, broker, wholesale or distribution environment (deep technical expertise of produce categories)
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent educational level
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in produce knowledge and trends required
- (Internal Certification & External Certification may be required)
- Analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Strong financial acumen and ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Flexible; readily accepts change; open to new ideas
- Track record of success in the area of consultative selling, networking and negotiations
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
- Experience building trust with prospective customers and securing new business
- Strong business and restaurant operations acumen to manage sophisticated customers
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proactive and self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives at the same time
- Understanding of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and Sysco’s credit terms
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.