US0050 Sysco San Francisco, Inc.
This is an Operations position responsible for maintaining and coordinating all slotting processes in a cost-efficient manner. Must maintain a balance between the Sysco Redistribution Center, merchandising and the selection pick path.
- Determine warehouse placement of all incoming merchandise and ensures that merchandise is slotted within before receipt.
- Decide placement of new item merchandising and reports slot to appropriate staff to efficiently store merchandise for future delivery.
- Prepare a slot change memo identifying the rearrangement of products.
- Move product, as needed, to make room for new products to efficiently utilize warehouse space and track product movement through the warehouse.
- Enter slot changes into the inventory tracking system to ensure that all product locations can be identified.
- Rearrange merchandise in the warehouse to maximize total cubic feet usage of available warehouse space.
- Identify "like items" that are slotted in such a way that the products may not be confused and mispicked;
- Separate items, as needed, to reduce the possibility of mispick and misdelivery of products to customers.
- Check slots of discontinued items to determine if the product is gone.
- Approve the deletion of the item code numbers if the product is removed to ensure that no product is wasted due to deletion from the inventory tracking system.
- Update, through data entry, slot changes, alterations, expansions, etc., to ensure that the system correctly identifies product location at all times.
- Plan and prepare a draft of warehouse racking expansion, as request, to ensure the fullest utilization of warehouse space.
- Establish additional racking components needs.
- Conform to appropriate equipment (i.e. tugs, forklifts, pallet jacks) operation rules and practices to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is maintained and clean, and report repair or service needs to the equipment mechanic to reduce equipment damage.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies to reduce accidents, injuries, and equipment damage.
- Use equipment horns when driving out of storage areas into unobstructed view areas, and when entering walkways or row intersections to reduce accidents, injuries and equipment damage.
- Plug batteries into the power outlet when not in use to ensure the availability of fully operational equipment.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in the Warehouse/Distribution Services field preferred.
- 18+ years of age
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates to the job and the safety regulations
- Working knowledge of the following: inventory control techniques and procedures, product lines and their dimensions, products sold by Sysco, Sysco safety and security policies, equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of the equipment
- Good working knowledge of the following systems and technologies: Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS), Sysco Uniform System (SUS), Radio Frequency (RF) Admin (both Spec 1 and Spec 24), SOS, LAS, Driver Tech, RoadNet or equivalent.
- Personal computer skills, inclusive of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.