US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Drives effective delivery of product/platform needs through developing high quality software and technical solutions. Fluent across the full stack and coaches junior developers to promote a flexible mindset and develop technical competence.
Ensure critical alerts are processed and incidents generated. Build Event Management rules/workflows for various platforms. Configure applicable business rules from third party event Management tool and alert correlation. Integrate with standard monitoring tools using Rest APIs. Partner with ITSM Platform Application Developers to use MID servers, web services, email and other relevant technology to integrate tools with the ServiceNow platform. Participate in creating and developing standards, best practices, support guidelines and procedures
- Leverages strong understanding of business to develop high quality code to meet product/platform requirements
- Drives and leads adoption of architecture standards and development practices like Test-Driven development, code reviews, static code analysis etc.
- Writes effective technical user stories and ensures that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience and maintainability of software/solutions
- Actively resolves defects and manages technical debt
- Develops unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
- Assists in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
- Practices DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation and proactive monitoring/telemetry
- Participates in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Evaluates emerging technologies continually to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen Sysco’s development practices
- May play a supervisory role toward junior technical resources as they commit to and deliver work
- Bachelor's degree in CS or 4-5 years of relevant developer experience
- 5-10 years of experience in developing high performance and highly scalable applications in an agile environment, depending on education
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other agile development techniques
- Strong experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform such as AWS
- Fluency in DevOps, including continuous integration, continuous deployment / delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as a code, and monitoring
- Demonstrated “agile-development” mindset with strong customer-focus & results-orientation
- Flexible mindset (not married to a single language) and demonstrated ability to grow skillset and work across the full technology stack
- Ability to excel in a fast paced agile environment
- Excellent communication skills to effectively manage key business stakeholder relationships
- Highly proficient in teamwork and collaboration skills
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
· 5+ years of enterprise monitoring, systems engineering, and/or devops experience in a customer facing/supporting SaaS environment.
· Experience with both ITIL and DevOps practices.
· DevOps skillset with emphasis on Bash, Python, PHP, and Powershell scripting and using REST APIs.
· Experience with most or all of the following monitoring-related applications and technologies: APM – DataDog, Application Insights, Dynatrace, Uptrends; NMS - Icinga2, Nagios, SentryOne, SolarWinds, Veeam One, Zabbix; Logging - Graylog, ElastiSearch, Splunk, Syslog(-ng)
· Sound knowledge and experience in Cloud platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure; Windows server / UNIX platforms; computer networks including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
· Proven ability to learn and grow through self-study
· A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills (English) who can handle pressure situations.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.