US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
The Company: Guest Worldwide is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Worldwide has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Worldwide is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion-dollar, industry leading, global food, and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
Brief Description: Works with a team of business analysts, functional analysts, and developers to enhance and support the PeopleSoft ERP. Has expertise in PeopleSoft modules and a deep understanding of business functional areas to ensure that the ERP provides value for the business. Provides strong leadership capabilities and participates in monitoring the day-to-day activities of the team. Acts as the link between the business and technical teams, and is responsible for providing solid business solutions, resolving issues, and risk mitigation. Uses business knowledge and solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the business.
Description of responsibilities:
1. Provides solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the business
2. Establishes and manages the scope and quality of the PeopleSoft applications. Provides direction to Functional Analysts and Developers
3. Develops solid functional and technical specifications and reviews deliverables from others (e.g., functional and business requirements, enterprise structure, business process design documents, testing scenarios, etc.) to ensure business objectives are met
4. Interacts with other departments within Sysco (i.e., Operations Review, Distribution Services) to define requirements Ensures issues are resolved timely within prescribed timeframe. Keeps leadership informed through resolution Participates with SWAT teams to minimize time to resolution and maintain focus on issues through completion
5. Works with Management to keep informed of all issues and/or changes to estimated completion dates. Ensures quality of work products delivered by the team
6. Maintains strict observance of all requirements of the support framework and project management processes. Participates in audits of work products and processes to ensure standards and best practices are followed. Participates in change management and release management activities, utilizing Sysco change management tools.
7. Provides expertise and guidance in the preparation and validation of test cases and test planning; leads and/or participates in testing activities Provides guidance and expertise for the setup and support of Production and nonProduction environments
8. Communicates with his/her team and across other functional, technical, and business teams as required
9. Works with business to analyze root causes for problems, develop solutions, and to assist with prioritization of Change Requests Proactively identifies and reports risks, issues, and dependencies. May serve as project lead for projects as needed
10. Ensures that the required documentation is kept current
11. Interacts with all groups within BT to ensure that objectives are met
12. Participates in the Major Incident Management process
13. Strives to increase knowledge in the business functions as well as technical knowledge
14. Represents Sysco professionally with operating companies and business partners. Travels as required to fulfill assigned tasks
Bachelor’s degree required majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (i.e., Engineering). In lieu of degree one of the below prerequisites would be required:
- High School Diploma + 10 years of experience in IT
- 2-year Associate’s Degree + 4 years of experience in IT
- 3 years of education toward a Bachelor’s degree + 2 years of experience in IT
Skills and experience:
• Minimum 5 years of overall IT (or related area) work experience
• Minimum 3 years of PeopleSoft experience, preferably Finance, Order Management and Supply Chain modules
• Experience with EDI, Salesforce or Business Intelligence (BI) will be beneficial
• SQL scripting a plus
• Strong experience in functional design, including diagraming process & system flows
• Experience in Agile processes and procedures preferred
• Strong negotiation, communication and influencing skills
• Comprehensive knowledge/understanding of support processes and methodologies (e.g., incident management, change control management, service validation and testing, etc.)
• Experience with and competence in using integrated ERP software
• In-depth knowledge of project management (through entire project lifecycle) methodologies and practices Ability to work in a fast paced environment while managing associated stress
• Flexible; readily accepts new changes and is viewed as a change champion; open to new ideas
• Possession of a positive attitude; provides helps to promote in others proven ability to identify, focus on, and own high priority issues and tasks Superior organizational and prioritization skills
• History of meeting deadlines and delivering high quality results Adept at working in both group settings and independently
• Self-motivated with the ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills Strong professionalism, leadership, and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills Ability to articulate ideas to technical and nontechnical staff and end users Strong problem-solving abilities
• Possession of effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff Ability to motivate and direct less senior staff members
• Familiarity with change control and release management process
• Familiarity with established Sysco BT procedures and generally accepted program development practices
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliates
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.