US0424 Sysco Hawaii
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe Facility/Warehouse environment. Performs the job following Preferred Work Methods (PWM).
- Remove all trash and debris from the warehouse and dock areas.
- Clean up any spills of product or other foreign matter.
- Operate power scrubber, sweeper walk behind scrubber and other warehouse equipment.
- Clean warehouse walls, floors, racking, doors, etc.
- Clean facility building, grounds, lighting, parking lots, etc.
- Sanitize restrooms, offices, break rooms, and locker rooms.
- Follow the daily schedule as assigned by the supervisor to ensure a continuous sanitation maintenance program.
- Maintain the warehouse in a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- Previous sanitation experience within a warehouse environment, highly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- The employee may have to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.