US0056 Sysco Boston, LLC
Facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of customer orders through the use of Roadnet software packages and associated utilities in the generation of the best possible route solutions. In addition, a router is responsible for creating routes that adhere to hours of service and weight laws and regulations.
- Routing of all legitimate customer orders in the most efficient way possible for multiple shipping facilities while under constant time and accuracy constraints while adhering to established procedures, protocols, and customer commitments
- Plans routes. This includes integrating new customers into existing routes, determining where new routes and shuttle yards are needed and planning for necessary route adjustments due to seasonality
- Analyzes existing routes for opportunities to reduced, miles, delivery days and hours to improve cost control and consistency of deliveries.
- Performs standard route maintenance to capture these changes
- Schedules drivers on a daily and or weekly basis to remain within overtime guidelines and hours of service laws and regulations including adjustments for volume and holidays.
- Also, maintain and provide accurate daily loading and door information for the warehouse department
- Plans and prepares meetings and presentations for sales management and the executive staff to communicate proposed service areas and expense control opportunities
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and other applicable regulations.
- Maintains Roadnet system
- Prepares reports for sales and management.
- Creates proposals for transportation management to improve efficiency, customer service, and safety.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree preferred.
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Excel).
- Analytical/Mathematical Skills.
- Accuracy, reliability and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Can add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Professional Skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software and the ability to learn Sysco software and programs.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.