US1107 FreshPoint Dallas, Inc.
$4,000 Sign On Bonus
- Excellent pay, including productivity incentives
- Date of hire eligibility for medical and prescription drug plans
- Most CDL B Delivery Truck Drivers have daily routes and are home nightly.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training.
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits.
- Generous retirement benefits.
- Employee discount programs.
- Service Recognition and employee rewards.
- Discounts on Sysco stock (SYY).
- Referral programs.
- Safety programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- More benefits, too many to name.
- exclusions/exceptions may apply
All drivers run daily routes with frequent stops and are required to load packages onto hand trucks and unload product at each stop on the assigned route in the order they are designated by the Transportation Department Manager. The candidate will operate successfully in a cross-dock model picking up a loaded truck from a nightly delivery at the assigned loading dock and returning the empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end of the route. May be required to assist occasionally with loading-trucks, palletizing product, and performing other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies are on invoices.
- Communicate all errors/returns. Calls in when a customer does not receive their entire order (shorts)
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection. Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures
- Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required:
- High School or GED or equivalent
- Years and type of experience Minimum Required:
- One year route delivery experience or applicable background driving a straight truck
- Type and proficiency Minimum Required:
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License – Class B (Class A preferred)
- Must be able to read and understand English.
Type and proficiency Minimum Required:
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- How to organize a truck and make the deliveries efficiently.
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Whether a truck is operating well enough to perform the route.
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June and July 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.