US1108 FreshPoint Atlanta, Inc.
The receiving clerk is responsible for a timely and accurate receipt of produce, grocery and misc. items ordered. All items will be verified for quantity and quality and placed in specified areas of the warehouse. This position performs warehouse activity and other related duties as required.
- Ensuring the product is properly received by physically inspecting the product for weight, condition, temperature, and quality.
- Accurately counting of all items received.
- Tags all products with slot label and ensures proper rotation of product.
- Properly complete all paperwork including purchase orders (P.O.) rotation reports and spoilage logs.
- Prefer High School or GED
- Minimum of 2 years related experience
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as field-related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Must be able to plan and organize work activities.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Analyze and disseminate numerical data.
- Manage work time efficiently.
- Follow procedures and policies.
- Develop and follow a schedule.
- Identify and solve problems.
- Frequent lifting of products up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Sit/stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body and walk.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls.
- Finger dexterity for activities such as data entry and calculator use, grasping, repetitive motions, speaking, hearing, visual acuity, and mobility between departments.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear.
- Must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform in the position.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Identifying quality issues
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- All work regularly reviewed by the supervisor and manager.
- Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. This special medical and prescription drug plan eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information below regarding Sysco’s benefits eligibility period. Standard eligibility rules (below) still apple to all other Sysco benefits. exclusions/exceptions may apply
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.