US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%Who We Are
Guest Worldwide is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Worldwide has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Worldwide is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world. For more information, visit www.guestworldwide.com.
The Buyer / Planner is responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of amenities products while managing immediate and long term priorities to achieve or exceed targeted in-stock and inventory levels. The Buyer / Planner also negotiates vendor costs and lead times, return policies and payment and rebate procedures as well as releases orders to vendors, expedite orders and insures vendors meet shipping times, quality standards and quoted costs.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from global manufacturers and suppliers based on forecasts in order to maintain industry standard fill rates.
- Recommend forecast adjustments based on changes in selling patterns and/or Corporate Accounts and customer intelligence.
- Maintain purchasing master data including vendor lead times, Minimum Order Requirements (MOQ), pricing, Certificate of Insurance (COI), Hold Harmless Agreements (HHA).
- Replenish inventory by making additional investments in inventory for the Warehouse locations across the country based on weeks of supply, current trends, and history.
- Communicate with suppliers on issues that need actions (expediting inventory, delaying inventory, program changes, etc.).
- Review inventory levels across Distribution Centers to avoid inventory from aging. Identify Warehouses with overstocked items and transfer inventory where appropriate.
- Effectively manage the purchasing process to ensure the supplier is priced competitively, meets negotiated lead times, ensures quality standards and correct invoicing, and provides competitive freight.
- Manage ongoing relationships with suppliers and communicate vendor pricing, lead times, new product releases, discontinued items, new hotel brand standards that impact the supplier, and all other negotiated processes and procedures that support the TM’s ability to successfully sell suppliers’ products.
- Work with suppliers, internal Accounting Department, and sales and sales management to resolve issues on freight damages, requests for returns, and accounts payable discrepancies, as required for customer satisfaction.
- Expedite purchases orders to insure vendor receipt and delivery is within requested lead times.
- Set up and update item numbers in PeopleSoft to ensure descriptions, costs and lead times are up to date and accurate.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 4 – 8 years of progressive experience with purchasing and material control within the supply chain.
- 6 – 8 years experience using demand planning software. Demand Solutions a plus.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Able to manage large, complex projects.
- Uses time effectively.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors, and customers.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts (including pricing and forecasting).
- Proficient use of PeopleSoft and MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
- The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed.
- The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position primarily works in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited travel (Less Than 10%) may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicles for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
- This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification.
- The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee.
- Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.