US1152 Buckhead Meat of Denver, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 50%
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
This position carries out and achieves a sales plan assigned by the Sysco Specialty Meat Group (SSMG) company. This individual achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration with an assigned territory by effectively selling the company’s products. He/she promote, sell, secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship approach. This role demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the Sysco Specialty Meat Group's (SSMG) products and services.
- Make in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Taking customer orders with SSMG goals in mind: sales and GP/Stop maximization.
- Participate, review and oversee input of orders for customers via communication with inside sales partners.
- React timely to customer problems and needs.
- Review daily out of stocks, shortages, transportations issues and implement solutions quickly.
- Review, analyze and react to daily/weekly sales and margin reports looking for improvement opportunities.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, trends and who the other distributors/sales organizations are in your market.
- Participate in Sysco Specialty Meat Group (SSMG) training and customer events. Participate in Sales meetings held by Sysco Sales leaders.
- Develop a relationship with accounts payable (A/P) contact at every account.
- Participate and coordinate communication between them and SSMG account receivable manager/representative.
- Implement ”Ask Early and Often” to control days sales outstanding (DSOs) and know signs to know when to say “No Ship or Cash on Delivery (COD)”.
- Update bid files, customer profiles, and customer call sheets to ensure proper pricing and accuracy of needed items-thus reducing costly credits and returns.
- High School diploma
- Preferred: 4-year degree in culinary arts, business, marketing, agriculture/animal science or related studies
- 2-year prior food service and/or sales background strongly preferred.
- Deep expertise of meat and seafood category or restaurant/culinary background with a shown capacity to quickly learn and apply new knowledge.
- Consultative sales ability.
- Must be self –motivated and accountable for time management without constant supervisor direction.
- Exhibit strong customer relations skills and a sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Approach to building relationships with customers/stakeholders.
- Time and customer management.
- Customer pricing.
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Sales strategy.
- Contract pricing and customer pricing.
- Authorizing credits and returns.
- Sales VP, Director, or Manager
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.