US1129 FreshPoint Central Florida, Inc., Division of FreshPoint Central Florida, Inc.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The supervisor, night warehouse is responsible for the efficient operation of the shift, including proper manpower utilization, effective use of standard operating procedures, training and motivating members of the crew and for operating in a safe, productive manner. Supervisory responsibility for material handles, selectors, and partial-order pullers.
- Supervise daily processes on the dock and in coolers.
- Review, coach, and develop the outbound associates.
- Monitoring work, adherence to policy and safety requirements.
- Issuing discipline when necessary.
- Interprets company policies for employees, enforce safety and security regulations, and holds daily pre-shift meetings.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules
- Performing substitution of items that are not available for selection
- Communicating to sales, purchasing, and inventory control
- Spot check orders for accuracy and quality.
- Pulling critical care orders or double-checking them for quality and accuracy
- Inspects material handling equipment daily for safe operations and coordinates required repairs with the maintenance department.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-year operations/warehouse experience in shipping and receiving perishable products, and/or a combination of education, and industry experience.
- Ability to supervise, motivate and train hourly employees.
- Able to solve problems independently and effectively articulate and communicate information.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Corrective actions.
- Assigning work duties.
- Item substitutions.
- Reassigning equipment (transportation).
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Staffing increase.
- Manager outbound
Position Reporting to this Role
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.