US0037 Sysco West Coast Florida, Inc.
The associate will retrieve product that is not available during the selection process and accurately places products on shorted selection pallet or trailer. The associate will operate reach forklift in the replenishment process by lowering stock from high-level reserve slots to lower level pick slots during the shift.
- Stocking, selecting and loading product that is not available during the selection process.
- Documentation of inventory control issues (e.g. replenishment forces, slotting recommendations, etc.).
- Safety and administrative functions which include but are not limited to, the attendance of safety meetings, pre-shift stretches, pre and post-trip inspections of Material Handling Equipment (MHE), donning and doffing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and work area clean-up.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year warehouse experience is required.
- Sysco experience or experience in a high volume distribution environment is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months warehouse reach forklift experience is required pallet jack and forklift certification.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Pallet jack and forklift certification preferred.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of the following is preferred, but not required: inventory control techniques and procedures, forms associated with inventory control, product lines and their dimensions; products sold by Sysco, Sysco safety and security policies, additional equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of that equipment.
- Must be able to manage the pressure and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate powered industrial reach truck, forklift, tugger, and pallet jack.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally and 100 pounds rarely.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.