US1319 European Imports, Inc.
Under general supervision, accurately & efficiently select products in the warehouse and prepare them for shipping by stacking in an orderly and stable configuration while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Process boxes (packages) using the UPS station. Enter all required shipping information into the UPS system and load the packages onto the UPS truck.
- Properly operate an electric pallet jack (2-pallet length) to proceed to correct slot location and transport product to the Supplies on the fly (SOTF) pack and ship area for shipping.
- Handle products with the necessary care to limit the damage.
- Report any damage of merchandise, equipment or facility to a supervisor.
- Perform daily equipment checks in the Supplies on the fly (SOTF) area.
- Assist in clean-up of the Supplies on the fly (SOTF) area and sign off on the daily cleaning area log sheet.
- Sign in and out for all equipment used by the associate.
- Use basic communication skills to understand work systems, instructions, etc.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Six months of prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Must be able to efficiently use a computer keyboard to enter in data.
- Ability to handle up to 50 lbs.; 20 lbs. regularly is required
an environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from the Day Warehouse Manager or Day Assistant Warehouse Manager.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.