US0047 Sysco Minnesota, Inc.
This Operating Company (OpCo) based position will establish and lead the planning, directing, administering and evaluating of Occupational Health Services to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment. The Occupational Health Nurse works closely with the Operations, Human Resources, Safety and Finance departments in support of Sysco's overall Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) goals and objectives.
- Establish and manage an onsite health service clinic.
- Research, plan and produce annualized budgetary projections for the required supplies, equipment, professional services, training, continued education and certifications travel, etc.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory healthcare requirements, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations, Department of Transportation regulations and other regulatory agencies as applicable.
- Ensure OSHA mandated programs and record-keeping standards are completed to comply with regulations.
- Assure regulatory compliance with State Nurse Practice Act, FMLA, ADA, STD, LTD, EPA, and HIPPA as required.
- Supervise the Drug Testing Program (DOT and Non-DOT).
- Collects drug screen specimens according to the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) guidelines.
- Perform Breath Alcohol testing.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and associates in Bloodborne Pathogens, Body Mechanics, Ergonomics, Reasonable Suspicion of Drugs/Alcohol Awareness, Breath Alcohol Testing, Drug Screen (DOT and Non-DOT) Collection, Medical Emergency Response Team and other Occupational Health topics as necessary.
- Execute clinical services and direct nursing care, consistent with the scope of State Nurse Practice Acts for both occupational and non- occupational injury/illness.
- Deliver services to maintain a safe and healthy workforce; participate as a first responder to onsite accidents/injuries and oversee the onsite Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT).
- Practice case management through coordination of health care services from the onset of work-related injury evaluation, through worker's compensation injury/risk/claim management, disability and absence management, return-to-work evaluation and return to work or an optimal alternative.
- Compile and submit injury and accident reports required by corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the administration of occupational injury program, including working with the external healthcare providers, insurance carrier or third-party administrator to reduce employee lost time and contain costs.
- Manage a transitional duty program for medical conditions requiring specific work restrictions.
- Collaborate in disaster response with Pandemic Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Business Continuity Plan, and disaster planning and risk communication.
- Plan, develop and implement health and wellness (well-being) promotion programs for associates, i.e., Flu Clinic program for associates and family members, health fairs, and chronic disease management programs.
- Participate as a member of the facility's Safety Committee and any other requested Committees.
- Manage the health components of the onsite Fitness Center (where applicable).
- Perform as a key business partner in areas such as quality improvement procedures/protocols, cost containment programs, community involvement, policies/procedures to ensure compliance and return on investment analysis.
- Prepare reports and maintain associate health files in a confidential HIPPA compliance manner and other duties as required.
- Associate degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- 5 years of nursing experience (emergency or critical care experience a plus) with at least one year having served in an occupational health role.
- Work experience in a warehouse, distribution or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience in Safety and Workers' Compensation laws and regulations in the state where the Operating Company (OpCo) resides preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Practice where OpCo facility resides.
- ABOHN Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN or COHN-S).
- Certification in Case Management by ABOHN or CCMC.
- First Aid, AED, and CPR Certification.
- DOT Drug Screen Collector Certification.
- Breath Alcohol Technician Certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of PC software, including all Microsoft products.
- Proficient project management and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, conflict management, and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours for the performance of regular duties (random drug testing, training, etc.) and to respond to associate health needs (assess injuries and/or report to accident sites, post-accident drug screens, etc.) day, night or weekend.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Able to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Can occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- Able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work in various indoor, outdoor, freezer and cooler climates and driving conditions for 24 hours, 7 days a week operation.
- Work with all employees having a wide variety of illnesses, injuries, infections and any and all other maladies; medical or mental within the scope of practice.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.