US0005 Sysco Intermountain (Division of USA I)
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
This is a professional sales position responsible for the improvement of Sysco’s market position and achieving financial growth by executing long-term strategic goals, prioritizing the use of advanced analytics and other forms of lead generation while leveraging Sysco’s Salesforce platform, and negotiating contracts to secure new business. By utilizing a team-selling approach, the New Business Developer will engage a cross-functional team to create a comprehensive strategy that meets the prospect’s needs. Leveraging these resources, the New Business Developer fosters relationships with prospects and transitions these accounts to the sales force during onboarding.
As noted in Sysco’s Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, and Delivering Business Results.
- The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver the agreed upon new business plan in alignment with the region’s financial goals
- Works with the regional sales leaders on the development of a comprehensive business development strategy
- Leverages advanced analytics insights to prioritize opportunities and develop business development strategy
- New Business Developer will also be responsible to prioritize intel opportunities being recommended by other sales team members (processed through Sysco Salesforce platform with leadership approval)
- Accountable to build creative and effective sales plan to capitalize on multi-segment opportunities identified by advanced analytics
- By leveraging the expertise and skills of a cross-functional sales team, the New Business Developer will have the ability to quickly address prospects’ unique concerns, build trust, and shorten sales cycles
- By working with the collective sales team, the NBD will coordinate proposal process for local contracts that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives
- Collaborates with sales team to expand business development efforts, including assisting other sales team members secure key accounts in efforts to achieve annual profit plan
- Reviews weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives and results for target accounts and prepare action plans where improvement is needed
- New Business Developer will be provided continuous training/education opportunities on key areas/skillsets (basic MA-training, business development certifications, and executive business development training)
- Gathers information on emerging market and foodservice industry trends to understand the competitive landscape and top position Sysco for increased effectiveness in securing new business
- Stays current with development in the field through participation in seminars, workshops and reading publications
- Develops strong working relationships with brokers, distributors, and foodservice industry peers. This associate is expected to be an active member of the foodservice community
- Learns quickly when facing new challenges; thrives on fast-paced learning environment
- Adapts well to change and views new experiences as growth opportunities
- Seeks out opportunities to improve by applying feedback from others
- Ensures that data and activity on prospect accounts is accurately entered and managed within Sysco Salesforce platform
- Identifies opportunities for promotions, additional services, and distribution avenues that will lead to an increase in sales
- Presents to and consults with senior level management on trends in the foodservice industry
- Attends sales meetings, food shows, customer events etc. and provide feedback
- Stays current with Sysco’s value-added offerings and technology solutions, including but not limited to customer-facing reporting tool
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED, and 3+ years’ relevant sales experience in a business-to-business professional sales environment, and 2 or more years’ with a proven track record of new business development.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent educational level.
- Solid analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Strong financial accumen and ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Flexible; readily accepts change; open to new ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with internal and external teams
- Ability to understand and manage compliance to contracts
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives at the same time
- Business and restaurant operations acumen to manage sophisticated customers
- Demonstrated experience with building trust with a prospective customer and securing new business
- Demonstrated skills in the area of consultative selling, networking and negotiations
- Proactive, self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful
- Understanding of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and Sysco’s credit terms
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.