US0137 Sysco Columbia, LLC
Manages group of Merchandising associates at specified site(s)
Collaborate with Market Directors to execute market replenishment to achieve KPI goals
Accountable for the overall performance, management and development of the Site merchandising department
Achieve department and company goals which includes but is not limited to: exemplary customer order fulfillment while managing inventory to the optimal DSO (Days Supply On Hand), support Site profitability through product cost and equity management, participate and support sales growth strategies, deploy inbound logistic strategies, drive replenishment strategy that contributes to warehouse operational efficiencies.
Drive execution of corporate strategies such as Category Management and Product Assortment Management consisting of both national and local assortments to meet sales demands in collaboration with Regional Vice President of Merchandising (RVPM).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, manage and develop Site merchandising team through regular department meetings; on-going interaction & communication; monitor associate morale; and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement
- Interprets, trains and consistently reinforces Company policies, procedures and tools
- Manage site planners and align with market replenishment team to achieve inventory management Service Level, DSO (Days Supply On Hand), A&O (Aging & Obsolete), and Spoilage goals while maximizing operational efficiencies
- Drive and support corporate and market initiative implementation through all Site functions to achieve/exceed Annual Operating Plan
- Manage item cost (product and freight) accuracy
- Align with RVPM to execute activities that grow company gross margin and earned income
- Manage shrink and approve credits as needed
- Provide field feedback to the region, market and corporate teams for action and/or alignment
- Participate in supplier and broker reviews to evaluate sales and gross profit growth opportunities
- Monitor market analytics (NPD) to increase market share
- Support cross functional item assortment management process
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years management/professional experience. Significant category management, merchandising and/or operations experience within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions.
- Master’s degree
- Strong excel skills
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to build high-performing teams & enable a culture of best practices
- Ability to manage conflict and reach quick resolution with facts and dialogue
- Ability to work cross functionally and build relationships across the organization/enterprise
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of different backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and lead change
- Proactive attitude of identifying and addressing issues as they arise
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop & implement innovative strategies to maximize sales & gross profit potential while driving customer loyalty & Sales Consultant engagement
- Ability to successfully perform job requirements in a remote work environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Travel 10%
IMPORTANT: This role is considered a talent pipeline for Region and Market leadership roles. Any individual who is offered and accepts this role must be willing to relocate to be considered for further advancement.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.