US0016 Sysco South Florida, Inc.
This position works closely with the Operating Company (OpCo) departments. Assist the merchandising department with transactional activities where needed. Aid in supporting OpCo sales by addressing and resolving questions and requests on time utilizing detailed knowledge of products, systems, and tools. Acts as liaison between OpCo Sales, Buyers, and Category Management as it relates to Merchandising activities.
- Merchandising point of contact for sales, national accounts, and health care account inquiries (communication router).
- Based on information from merchandising and marketing, communicate to sales on any supplier, product or promotional urgent updates.
- Track and trace special orders, demand status late inbound trucks, and other operational requests for the sales team.
- Assist sales on basic inquiries.
- Monitor the drop ship process by confirming orders are shipped and invoiced promptly.
- Process special orders (Non-Stocks).
- Handle demand status orders and ensure timely execution of related activities (confirmations, receiving, and allocation).
- Manage the processes flow for new item stocking requests to ensure timely completion and maintain documentation.
- Create and/or maintain proprietary charting per Manager/Director/VP approval.
- Process all merchandising related scripts including price management and market costs.
- Handle overflow sales support.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in place of a degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1+ years' experience required.
- Experience in purchasing, merchandising, sales and/or customer service required.
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment preferred.
- Strong communicator with excellent relationship-building skills across a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Able to resolve conflicts quickly, research issues, and follow up with timely communication to all key stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand systems to answer basic inquires without escalating.
- Attention to detail with the ability to knock down obstacles to find a solution.
- Proficient Excel skills preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel 5%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.