US1570 FreshPoint Oahu, Ltd.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, this position will be working with purchasing, transportation, and operations in the coordination of all orders. This position will assist in purchasing, and maintaining high service levels to our customers.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects
- Assist purchasing in produce and non-produce procurement
- Coordinate all inbound appointments for receiving purposes
- Assist sales force with questions pertaining to produce and non-produce items
- Complete all the tasks as assigned by EVP per the deadlines
- Cover buyers as needed
High school diploma or equivalent.
2 Years sales and marketing or any other related field of study are preferred
2 Years of Buying experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of produce
- Strong communication skills and the ability to handle crisis situations effectively
- Proven ability to communicate effectively over the phone, good negotiating and interpersonal skills and ability to handle stress effectively
- Good math skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Strong ability with Excel and Word
Decision Making Authority
- Communication of short or subbed items for customers.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.