US1289 Newport Meat of Nevada, Inc (Desert Meats)
- Manual pack meat from holding containers into the machine and also packing from the machine into boxes
- Unskilled tasks would include bone guarding, boxing, scanning
- Carry out instructions to revac and/or rescan products correctly
- As skills grow, the ability to Identify cuts of meat and types of meat properly
- Ability to identify packaging quality issues and have them corrected
- Process bulk vac/coffin orders independently
- Assist machine operators in running machines and orders through the machine properly (apprentice type situation)
- Able to work safely with machinery, some heavy lifting required
- Standing for long periods of time, twisted torso all day long, basic ability to read tickets and special requests, ability to recognize cuts of meat, able to write numbers and basic descriptions, basic math, reading and writing skills, able to work in a cold/wet environment fast-paced environment
- Quick and agile
- 30 days working plant Product knowledge-can be learned on the job with progressive knowledge growth
- Attention to details
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.