US1174 Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Sign On Bonus: $1000
- Monday – Friday schedules available
· Competitive pay
- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Comprehensive healthcare benefits
· Generous retirement benefits
· Employee discount programs
· Referral Bonus
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Safety programs
· Service recognitions and employee rewards
· Cross training opportunities
· More benefits, too many to name
What are we doing to keep our employees safe with regards to COVID-19?
· Personal protective equipment and masks provided
· Temperature screenings
· Social distancing guidelines in place
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
- Manual pack meat from holding containers into the machine and also packing from the machine into boxes
- Unskilled tasks would include bone guarding, boxing, scanning
- Carry out instructions to revac and/or rescan products correctly
- As skills grow, the ability to Identify cuts of meat and types of meat properly
- Ability to identify packaging quality issues and have them corrected
- Process bulk vac/coffin orders independently
- Assist machine operators in running machines and orders through the machine properly (apprentice type situation)
- Able to work safely with machinery, some heavy lifting required
- Standing for long periods of time, twisted torso all day long, basic ability to read tickets and special requests, ability to recognize cuts of meat, able to write numbers and basic descriptions, basic math, reading and writing skills, able to work in a cold/wet environment fast-paced environment
- Quick and agile
- 30 days working plant Product knowledge-can be learned on the job with progressive knowledge growth
- Attention to details
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June and July 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.