US1150 Buckhead Meat New Jersey, Division of Buckhead Meat Co
· SIGN ON BONUS offered up to $1000.00!!
· Payrate is $20 / Hour and up, Depending on Experience !
· Monday – Friday schedules available
· Competitive pay
· Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
· Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Comprehensive healthcare benefits
· Generous retirement benefits
· Employee discount programs
· Referral Bonus
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Safety programs
· Service recognitions and employee rewards
· Cross training opportunities
· Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. This special medical and prescription drug plan eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information below regarding Sysco’s benefits eligibility period. Standard eligibility rules (below) still apple to all other Sysco benefits. exclusions/exceptions may apply
What are we doing to keep our employees safe with regards to COVID-19?
· Personal protective equipment and masks provided
· Temperature screenings
· Social distancing guidelines in place
· Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets
- Provide communication to the supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases
- Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life items to the supervisor
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests
- Accurately count product inventory levels and maintain levels set forth by the supervisor
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in the work area at the beginning and/or end of your shift
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned to you
- Manage profitability by achieving product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness
- Complete other duties as assigned
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and its objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately
- Prior experience with portion cutting meat
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine the amounts and sizes of products needed for orders
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Commitment to work until the job is completed
- Interacts well with others
- Good team player
- Customer-service oriented
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds
- Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee
- The employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities.
- Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction
- Color vision is required
- The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary
- The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage
- This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas
- These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence
- This is a high noise area
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.