US0024 Sysco Chicago, Inc.
Payrate will be based on experience along with a $5,000 Sign on Bonus
Shift will be Monday-Friday from 2pm to 10:30pm
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting Material Handling Equipment (MHE) technician III with maintenance activities associated with material handling equipment, and maintenance of industrial batteries.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements
- Knowledge of controls and electric (AC - Alternative current & DC - Direct current) low voltage
- Complete small electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Maintain power material handling equipment (MHE). Including preventive maintenance (PM) of MHE fleet checking, draining and filling oil levels as needed, checking, adjusting, or replacing all belts and chains as needed, checking and troubleshooting electrical controls issues, replacing motors and controls, safety checks, preventive maintenance (PM) per manufacturers recommendations
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems/schematics/components, electrical systems/schematics both AC and DC (distribution center) systems, drive motors, power amps, electrical controls including PLC systems
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems including transmissions, drive units, differentials, braking systems, telescopic masts, reach mechanism, steering systems, suspension systems
- Completes all special projects associated with buildings or grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to moving furniture or fixtures, changing lights, light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs, repair of minor electrical devices
- Assist the battery technicians; duties will include assisting in battery charger repairs, battery changes for MHE, repair of plugs and tips of batteries and chargers, watering and washing batteries, acid spill clean up, battery rack cleaning, battery area sweeping and cleaning, setting equalizing charge on batteries
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for housekeeping, clean up of all maintenance areas/work areas on a daily basis.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and attendance
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Tech school or equivalent is preferred (2 years)
- Four years in an MHE maintenance position; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved the defensive driving program
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months
- MHE 8 hour maintenance tech certificate from MHE manufacturer (IE: Crown, Raymond, Hyster, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.