US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
The Manager, Category Management Assortment Insights will lead a team of analysts enabling Category Strategies and Assortment decisions through data and insights. This position is directly responsible for development and management of personnel, developing Category Management Assortment Insights capabilities, and managing the quality output of the team on all analyses and deliverables. This role requires close collaboration with cross functional teams, thus communication skills, leadership abilities and strategic thinking are critical in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage team of analysts and develop ideas and analyses addressing emerging trends, and influence customer segment-specific assortment-based decisions grounded in insights and data
- Lead analytics and tracking on Assortment efficiency KPI’s, compliance and product lifecycle management
- Lead collaboration with Merchandising cross functional team to develop analysis with internal data combined with syndicated data to develop insights that drive business results
- Train, develop, manage, and support all direct reports to ensure consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of all analyses and reports
- Responsible for managing talent pipeline including managing the interviewing process, hiring, on-boarding of new associates, and development of top talent through Sysco’s established Talent Management programs
- Develop in-depth business, analytical and systems knowledge to improve or build analytical solutions, approaches and business recommendations
- Contribute to the development of the team’s tools, skills, culture, and impact
- Bachelor's Degree required (Business, Computer Science, or Analytics degree preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required; master’s degree a plus
- 6 years of experience in analytics required. Previous management experience required including direct employee supervision and management of large working teams. Category Management experience within a distribution, retail, or wholesale environment preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience managing projects and passionate leader of people
- Strategic skills (making complex decisions, innovation, dealing with ambiguity, etc.) as well as excellent analytic, and quantitative skills
- Problem-solving skills with proven ability to influence others across the organization
- Self-motivated individual who is comfortable working with diverse business scenarios, handling multiple priorities and have a business & consultancy mind-set, while technically (data) savvy
- Passion about discovering new things and ability to learn quickly
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, dynamic, reciprocal and "can-do" attitude
- Data management and visualization skills / tools (SQL, Tableau, PowerBI or similar) is an advantage
- Collaborative team player who can effectively work in a matrix/cross-functional organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office (exceptional excel skills, powerpoint, etc.) skills required
- Experience with syndicated data preferred
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July and August 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.