US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Operate and troubleshoot production filler lines at a standard level or above. Monitor label placement, weight measurements, and torque pressure periodically. Manually record daily production and any possible downtime. Assist coworkers at material handling and palletizing of finished good products. Clean Production/Manufacturing area. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Produce a high volume finished good product on a consistent level for a period of 8 to 9 hours, monitor label placement, torque pressure measurements, and fill heights/weights
- Pour caps, bottles to the filler line, prepare shippers, and apply shipper labels to a finished good product
- Prepare production, weight and torque documentation. Relieve prior shift operator at the start of each shift
- Conduct any necessary rework of finished good product out of specification
- Maintain a standard level practice of GMP and housekeeping at all times
- Ability to work with little supervision
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or trade school
- 2 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing /warehouse environment
- Prior machine operator or packer experience preferred
- Solid English language skills
- Ability to read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, reports, and memos
- Ability to complete simple reports and correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measurement; using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Committed to safe work practices
- Knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Manufacturing environment with a moderate noise level
- This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions
- This position requires a full range of body motion to include: standing, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, and reaching
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance
- The ability to utilize a variety of hand positions such as hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to operate machinery or work equipment controls is required
- The position requires as well as corrected vision, talking and hearing to normal range
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May occasionally move objects that weigh more than 50 pounds, with assistance from another/other employees
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, gloves, and steel-toed work shoes
- May be required to work overtime depending on business needs
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.