US0024 Sysco Chicago, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Responsible for supporting Sysco Operating Companies / Corporate Logistic Regions financial objectives by optimizing inbound logistics resulting in the most efficient means of inbound transportation for the purpose of reducing freight expenses and maximizing freight profitability. This role utilizes all cross-functional resources, internal systems, and processes available to minimize the number of inefficient loads while mitigating the cost. Identification and implementation of supply chain best practices for combining OpCo loads within the region. Maximize logistics decisions to increase case growth while maintaining the required service levels, at optimal cost.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of current vendors' freight programs, product categories, and supplier distribution points and overall operation company (OpCo) inbound supply chain.
- Develop and maintain Order Groups for Buyers and National Inbound Transportation Center (NITC) to increase load fill and cost efficiency as determined by distribution point, product compatibility, and order date.
- Works with Planners & Buyers to mitigate underweight and loser loads. Compare your assigned multi-operation company (OpCo) as well as other operation company (OpCo) in your region for the possibility of shared trucks to eliminate lost earned income and cases.
- Utilize Manhattan Associates (TMS) to ensure all orders are placed with correct dates and lead times. Validate they reflect sufficient earned income, and are set for delivery; upon delivery, insure that the load moves to paid status.
- Serve as liaison between Market Logistics Management, operation company (OpCo) Management, Buyers, NITC, Carrier Development, carriers, operations and receiving clerk to assist in problem resolution on inbound freight process.
- Work with Market Logistics Management, Merchandising and Corporate for possible supplier conversions to either pick up to gain logistic cases and earned income growth or to be switched back as delivered to eliminate unprofitable pickup suppliers.
- Ensure fuel surcharges and posted freight rates are accurate as suppliers release them.
- Review Freight Rates and brackets to ensure optimal benefit.
- Determine product shipping requirements while understanding the shipping compatibility of products.
- Help identify trends to mitigate detention charges and seek resolution.
- Work with Market Logistics Management as necessary to prepare operation company (OpCo) business reviews, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Operations Management/Supply Chain Management/ Logistics) preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of logistics/ supply chain experience
- Knowledge of US DOT Regulations, Hours of Service, Weight Limitations, US Geography
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and details with accuracy.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Normal office environment
- Minimal travel required
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.