US0177 NorthEast Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Performs timely and accurate cycle counts of inventory, completes correct inventory adjustments and performs inventory control activities for the purpose of maintaining accuracy at the item and location level. Performs all duties safely, accurately and meets set productivity goals.
Monday - Friday, 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform quarterly cycle counting of inventory to ensure accuracy of perpetual inventory including product information (lot tracking and date integrity), product condition (damage/spoilage), stock location (mis-picks), proper location and pick slotting and any other inventory status specification.
- Make accurate cycle count adjustments in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) as required to provide correct information for planning and evaluation activities.
- Communicate detailed information for any potential loss of inventory (expiration, temp issues, etc.) to Manager, Inventory Control or Director, Warehouse Operations to ensure timely action on volatile inventory.
- Correct any product found in the incorrect storage location during cycle counts, complete a Quality Incident Packet indicating the associate who mis-located the product and provide to operations for associate follow up.
- Research Lost Pallet Report and identify reason and validity of loss through a physical search of the warehouse. Determine required inventory adjustment and input data into WMS to provide accurate information for planning and evaluation activities. Complete a thorough review of product activity in WMS, RDC SUS, the opco incident database, and the regional adjustments database to ensure accuracy of the net position.
- Retrieve, research and put away stray product.
- Pull, process, load and complete outbound returns, donations, recalls, salvages and any other outbound product shipments as required.
- Research catch weights on questionable receiving identified by the Administration Department, report data to the Administration staff to provide accurate information.
- Review Overage, Shortage and Damage Forms (OS&D Form) completed by receivers for completeness and accuracy. Approve OS&D Forms after verification of information for accuracy and completeness.
- Retrieve shelf life, product lot, product expiration data listed on the Short Shelf Life Report and the Received with Less Than Required Shelf Life Report and communicates to as appropriate.
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor and operations to minimize warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work area.
- Report any safety issues to supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules to eliminate accidents and injuries.
- Operate appropriate material handling equipment (MHE), such as forklifts, stock pickers and pallet jacks in a safe and orderly manner to eliminate accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that MHE is maintained (perform daily inspection) and clean, report repair or service needs to supervisor to minimize equipment damage and down time.
- Use warehouse computers and RF equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, BRC, etc.).
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures, and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Accept additional responsibilities as requested. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment.
- Must have intermediate math and proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) suite.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred or one year warehouse related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must have the ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certification on material handling equipment is required, or the ability to become certified.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, stoop, kneel, crouch or sit. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk and hear. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move between 41 and 50 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move 51 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job is performed in a warehouse/operations environment. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment, extreme cold or heat, and freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order or departmental requirements.
- The position does not require travel.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.