US0344 IFG Jacksonville, Division of Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
This is a Finance position responsible for performing cycle counts, compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, and/or supplies stocked in the establishment and/or items to be returned. Researches root causes for count discrepancies. Performs quality checks and supports the product recall process. It also serves as Will-call Clerk on scheduled Saturdays.
- Ensure integrity of the physical count of the in-house inventory via cycle counting and other duties assigned
- Cycle counts the warehouse a minimum of four times a year, including all pick and reserve slots for discrepancies and product/packaging integrity issues
- Performs quality checks around date sensitive, slow-moving and obsolete items via interaction with merchandising.
- Performs recoup function.
- Research causes of weight variances, receiving/put away/letdown issues, and damaged product in the slots from warehouse moves
- Proactively checks FIFO (first-in-first-out) items for proper rotation
- Verify reserves are properly recorded and verify the count of each reserve pallet
- Verify the put-away and transfer process performed by the day and night personnel
- Initiate and document product transfer from the cooler to the freezer
- Review standard management reports and research causes of inventory shrink
- Coordinate will call orders when scheduled
- High school degree or equivalent
- 1 year preferred
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must be able to lift and move cases at a minimum of 70 pounds in weight up to 100 pounds.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Experience with fast pace work, physical labor, and flexible for shift rotations (days, nights, weekends) as business needs require.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Internal certification for operation of a pallet jack, forklift, and Hi-Rise forklift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, reach, push, pull, squat, kneel, and lift and move up to 100 pounds repeatedly for periods of eight or more hours per day.
- Position requires the normal dexterity of hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Must have good vision and hearing i.e. understand verbal instructions, detect operating equipment, warning horns, intercom, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures ranging from minus 10 degrees F to 85 degrees F or higher for periods of 8 hours or more per shift.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration.
- Constantly works in high traffic areas alongside forklifts, triple jacks, etc. fast-paced material handling the equipment.
- Could potentially be exposed to chemicals and dust.
- The noise level is usually loud.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.