US1411 SOTF, LLC
The Product Specialist interacts extensively with our customers and is responsible for ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Proactively communicate to all internal and external related parties to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Cultivate customer relationships to encourage repeat sales.
- Attains assigned revenue goals and sales growth by assisting the customer in determining appropriate merchandise to purchase.
- Provide support to the Customer Service team when specific product knowledge is required.
- Respond timely and accurately to all incoming customer correspondence.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations through consultative sales practices in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Provide accurate and complete information regarding products, pricing and lead time of items to diminish returns and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with other departments for order completion.
- Detailed knowledge of product line, prices, delivery time, drop-ship items, various marketing promotional services, and similar data, as required.
- Remain current with product knowledge and consumer preferences by attending vendor meetings/training and participating in provided training/education, changes in local codes and trade shows, or reading trade journals.
- Follow pricing and selling guidelines as provided by Management.
- Maintain sales goals and increase average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
- Maintains 95% minimum average in customer service and sales area quality assurance reviews.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the distribution team.
- Maintain proficiency in using a personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software.
- Report any system or product inaccuracies.
- Recommend operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in customer service/sales, or related transferable skills.
- Customer centric and Internet savvy.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Sales experience
- Restaurant supply/commercial food service experience
- Bilingual Spanish
- Superior time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused on critical objectives.
- A positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, closely integrated team in which customer delight, communication, teamwork, and flexibility are essential.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to accurately spell.
- Ability to speak and write English in a clear, understandable manner.
- Ability to accurately follow detailed procedures and processes.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and with a group on various on-going projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage functions.)
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize time and projects efficiently.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanations and maintain active discussions with customers and other workgroups.
- Ability to act in an ethical, honest and professional manner at all times.
- Desire to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain discretion with all company information regarding customers, pricing, products, and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, reach and stoop occasionally to reach file cabinets, boxes, etc.
- Must be able to look at a computer screen for prolonged periods of time and type.
- Requires the ability to read written instructions, reports and other documentation.
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.