US1570 FreshPoint Oahu, Ltd.
This is a Sales & Marketing position responsible for focusing on account penetration opportunity sales from a local (operation company) OPCO facility (with minimal travel), performing sales activities to achieve sales and profit objectives assigned, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction through customer service activities, and overseeing collection activities.
Work hours will be 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Performs sales activities for the assigned customer base and provides customer support from the local (operation company) OPCO facility.
- Conducts outbound calls to external customer base.
- Responsible for penetrating and growing market share of assigned accounts.
- Responsible for increasing customer retention.
- Sells, via the phone and other media, all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses, and applications to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- When necessary, performs merchandising research of product discounts, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions.
- Maintains, product information and prices, merchandising materials, call lists and lead lists to enhance sales activities through planning activities based on accurate and precise information.
- Completes and up-dates all applicable sales forms and call reports to ensure a complete and timely flow of sales information.
- When possible, sells excess and/or obsolete inventory items, as identified, through special customer contacts and sales techniques to reduce product waste and unsatisfactorily high inventory levels.
- Works with SYSCO specialists, manufacturing representatives, and brokers in supporting company promotions or obtaining information on products or services.
- Attends and participates in informational seminars, learning-based meetings, and other sessions to advance individual knowledge of sales techniques, product specifications, and department functions.
- Attends all department sales meetings, as scheduled and participates in other activities as requested. Reports on industry and market competition as requested and assists with reviewing inventory levels.
- Promotes positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 -2 years in a customer service level position.
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge skills and shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Response to requests for service and assistance.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Displays orientation to profitability.
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Ability to maintain or improve the relationship between customers and SYSCO.
- Working knowledge of all product categories sold to drive the penetration of existing accounts.
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Some knowledge of salesmanship techniques; marketing principles and product lines sold by SYSCO; necessary inter-department communications related to certain sales, credit, and customer service activities; SYSCO credit terms and general finance terminology/concepts; book-keeping activities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, managers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is moderately loud.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July and August 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.