US0007 Sysco Virginia, LLC
This is an Operations position responsible for selecting items in the warehouse and preparing them for will call customers quickly, accurately, and efficiently while maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
- Receives order assignment from Customer Service associate.
- Picks orders and stacks merchandise on floats, carts, and labels facing out.
- Places case label upright on case.
- Checks order against invoice to ensure orders fill completely.
- Assist in loading of orders for customers at loading area.
- Operates equipment safely, brings to supervisor's attention any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains a neat appearance and manner at all times while on the job.
- Helps to maintain sanitary conditions in the warehouse.
- Cross trains with driver check-in and returns put-away to become proficient in these areas.
- Operates an electric pallet jack.
- Loads boxes/bags of product from racks onto pallet, while meeting our quality and production minimum cases per hour and cases per error rate.
- Properly labels box with order label.
- Shrink-wraps the pallet after order selection is completed.
- Performs clean-up activities in the warehouse such as picking up trash/cardboard, emptying boxes, and sweeping certain areas.
- Selects from picking labels and places product on pallet by stop location.
- Performs other related duties.
- Performs light sanitation duties as assigned.
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Basic Qualifications:
- 18+ years of age
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test).
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 3 months' warehouse experience
- 3 months' experience operating an electric pallet jack or forklift
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.