US1130 FreshPoint West Coast Florida, Inc., Division of FreshPoint Central Florida, Inc.
This position offers a $2,500 sign on bonus!
The team leader is responsible for providing daily leadership, direction, and support to packing associates, line feeders and stackers; and maintaining a safe, organized, clean and efficient operation. Must be able to proactively identify and analyze problems and implement appropriate corrective action to improve performance.
- Work with other line supervisors and management to ensure appropriate work priorities are assigned and issues are efficiently communicated and addressed.
- Assign crew members to specific duties to maximize efficiency for a department.
- Ensure that the crew is working safely and efficiently as a team.
- Correct anyone who is not following preferred work methods and/or is working in an unsafe manner, as well as ensure all hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) and other food safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years (extensive) produce knowledge or related industry.
- General understanding of processing procedures of a high volume warehouse/ production facility.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Able to manually move 25lbs. frequently and up to 50lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Constant standing and walking for periods over eight hours.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Assign duties to crew members and efficiently direct workflow.
- Ensure that crew is working safely, following all preferred work methods and food safety procedures and guidelines.
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Assigning work priorities to meet customer demands.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.