US1158 FreshPoint Central California, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Responsible for administering multiple areas of human resources and rewards programs including: • HR employment issues related to hiring, termination, contracts, retirement, etc. • Personnel records maintenance pertaining to benefits, compensation, leaves of absence, retirement, etc. • Statistical reporting to internal management and external agencies • Compensation & benefits program implementation and administration • May select and manage HR outsourcing vendors
- Ensure that the company complies with all State and Federal regulatory agencies and employment laws.
- Investigate problems, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and associate and applicant appeals.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to department officials and individuals.
- Oversee the performance management process, working with OpCo (operating company) leaders on their associate reviews and coaching, providing training and consultation as necessary
- Work with OpCo leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled associates are hired, and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to maximize turnover.
- Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Develop, implement, and administer the management-labor relations area of the Human Resources program to improve labor relations.
- Develop and/or oversee compensation policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provide guidance on compensation strategy planning and administration.
- Communicate compensation policies, procedures, and programs to associates.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for HR (human resources) practices and problem resolutions.
- Provide direction to all HR (human resources) functions and policies
- Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources management, three years of which have been in a supervisory position or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Recruiting and staffing
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and various HRIS
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.