US1144 Buckhead Meat of San Antonio, LP
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
Monitor Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) support/evaluation programs and inspection/audit procedures to ensure compliance of products and processes to corporate and regulatory requirements at a Sysco Specialty Meat and/or Seafood Company.
- Monitoring of FSQA programs including HACCP Program, sanitation standard operating procedures, pest control, good manufacturing practices, approved supplier program, foreign material control, plant sanitation, chemical control, product quality assurance, FSQA Customer complaints, food defense and security
- Assist in Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies, and Procedures
- Assist in Implementation of Independent FSQA Audit Program – SQF Audits
- Assist when necessary for product evaluations, plant visits, and supplier/customer communication to assist other staff members. Assist as needed in any manner capable of during emergencies the plant President or GM (general manager) determines are paramount to the business.
- Frequently interacts with the following: SSMC/SSSC Personnel, Operations, Sales, Transportation and Maintenance as well as Sysco Operating Companies, and supplier/customer personnel at the line level.
- Formal job training in TQM principles, SPC, HACCP concepts, CFIA/FDA regulations would be beneficial.
- Formal quality and sensory analysis training would be helpful.
- One to 3 years of meat and/or seafood industry (as appropriate) experience at a federal CFIA/FDA meat and/or seafood processing plant (as appropriate).
- Raw meat or seafood industry the only experience will be accepted instead of combined experience
- Demonstrate the ability to write reports, basic business correspondence, as well as to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret basic technical instructions.
- Ability to use personal computer, lab equipment, food preparation equipment and office communication equipment.
Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Valid driver’s license.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Plant audits and inspections may require lifting of products up to 100 pounds and inspection requires working in a production environment on a moving line, lifting cartons, and visual inspection.
- Corrected vision required for sensory analysis to identify color, clarity.
- Warehouse and plant audit also requires close and distance vision to judge GMPs; peripheral vision and depth perception mandatory for safety.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally works near mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and operating in a refrigerated environment is common.
- Plant audits/inspections and working at remote in-transit processing facilities and Sysco Operating Companies contain both moderate/loud noise and exposure to fumes and mechanical hazards.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.