US1119 FreshPoint Denver, Inc.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may applyWalk-Ins Welcomed Monday - Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm. Stop by to see why FreshPoint Denver is a great place to work.
Pay Rate: 17.50
Responsible for putting away inbound produce.
- Receives and puts away all inbound produce.
- Ensures product is put away in proper rotation (FIFO).
- Safe operation of powered industrial equipment.
- Ensures selection slots are properly stocked with the product at all times keeps pallets free from tape, wrap or wires and remove empty pallets as needed.
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of the work area.
- Accounting for the received product.
- Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. This special medical and prescription drug plan eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information below regarding Sysco’s benefits eligibility period. Standard eligibility rules (below) still apple to all other Sysco benefits. exclusions/exceptions may apply.
- Prefer High School or GED
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a warehouse.
- Two (2) years’ experience of proficiently utilizing a stand-up forklift and riding pallet jack.
- Basic knowledge of products preferred.
- Experience in replenishment, cycling of product, RF (radio frequency) scanners and other returns related functions preferred.
- Must have strong reading, writing, and be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable productivity level.
- Able to effectively communicate and interact with others in a professional manner.
- Stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn the body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting a product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform the position.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.