US0424 Sysco Hawaii
This role performs product receiving activities, operates and maintains equipment associated with warehouse activity and performs other related duties as required. Control flow of products being received into the warehouse.
- Identify products received by noting the definition on the invoice and matching the definition to the received product's specifications to ensure the proper delivery of ordered merchandise.
- Ensure that the count of the product received matches the count ordered, and that product is not damaged in any way.
- Assure that no damaged or otherwise inferior quality product is accepted, and report discrepancies to the warehouse manager.
- Select the appropriate size of the pallet to place products for storage to enhance storage function.
- Place product on pallets using the correct stacking and securing techniques to reduce product damage.
- Tag received products with correct slot location as identified by invoice listing to enhance the stocking and selection functions.
- Record reception and routing of product onto the invoice to provide accurate information for planning and evaluation activities.
- Notify stocker of products ready for storage to enhance the efficiency of the receiving function.
- Route invoices to will-call for entry into the data processing system to provide accurate information for planning and evaluation activities.
- Conform to appropriate equipment (i.e., tugs, forklifts, pallet jacks) operation rules and practices to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Guarantee that assigned equipment is maintained and clean; report repair or service needs to the manager to reduce equipment damage.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies to reduce accidents, injuries, and equipment damage.
- Use equipment horns when driving out of storage areas, into obstructed view areas, and when entering walkways or row intersections to reduce accidents, injuries, and equipment damage.
- Plug equipment into a power source when not in use to ensure the availability of fully operational equipment.
- 2 years of warehouse experience.
- Pass mandatory ergonomics testing.
- Working knowledge of the following: inventory control techniques and procedures, forms associated with inventory control, product lines and their dimensions; products sold by Sysco, Sysco safety and security policies, equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of the equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to disseminate numerical data.
- Manage work time efficiently.
- Follow procedures and policies.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Identify and solve problems
- Must be able to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.