US0009 Sysco Pittsburgh, LLC
This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as Profit Management and Financial forecasting and reporting. Responsible for providing insight and analysis of financial operating results. Identifies trends and provides recommendations for various profitability drivers, including revenue, margin, expense management, and working capital management.
- Determine the key drivers of variances versus last year's results.
- Identify underperforming customers and vendors and the key drivers of profitability.
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability.
- Provide specific analysis as to the key drivers of expenses and the key drivers as to variances to last year and to plan.
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses.
- Quantify the financial impact of key cost control initiatives.
- May participate in the shrink committee, credit committee, and other initiatives.
- Assist Local CFO and Market CFO with the performance of the forecast.
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the forecast.
- Work with each department to ensure they understand the overall forecast and how the impact of the key initiatives they are responsible for is reflected in the forecast.
- Assure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the profit plan.
- Participate in the recruiting and training of finance associates.
- Responsible for performance management and development of finance associates.
- Play a key role in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process.
- Individual must champion and be the local expert in Sysco's analytical toolbox.
- Review and ensure that all vendors' billings are paid in a timely fashion and uncollectable vendor receivables are properly handled.
- Monitor and review all Master Distribution Agreements (MDA) for profitability.
- Oversee the Profit Management Team to maximize performance.
- Monitor the Customer Performance Activity System (CPAS) to provide reports and communicate financial impact as necessary.
- Assist with cost monitoring, product equities, frequencies and other statistical data directly related to price management
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics required.
- MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of financial analyst and/or accounting experience required.
- Prior managerial experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- CPA preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data.
- Ability to lead and direct clerical positions.
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are eligible for Sysco benefits and starting work in the months of May and June 2021, you may enroll in a medical and prescription drug plan that will be effective on your date of hire. Regardless of your start date, you may also enroll in additional benefits to be effective the first of the month following (or coincident with) 60 days of employment. Visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information. Contribution amounts associated with Sysco’s benefits will be addressed during your benefits enrollment process and eligibility questions may be directed to your site’s human resources team.
Exclusions/exceptions may apply, please discuss with your site’s human resources team to determine whether or not you are eligible for date of hire medical and prescription drug plan enrollment.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.