US0424 Sysco Hawaii
This is an Operations position responsible for overseeing the safe operation, daily monitoring, and maintenance activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the facility, automatic retrieval systems, dock equipment, minor repair of electrical devices, plumbing, fleet shop, refrigeration system operator and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage)
- Knowledge of OSHA general industry electrical safety standards; Title 29
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 National electrical code and NFPA 70E electrical safety requirements
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of OSHA electrical Arc Flash requirements
- Understanding and working knowledge of PLC's and PLC trouble shooting
- Conduit bending
- Motors and Motor control center knowledge
- Motor start knowledge
- Contactor and relay knowledge and repair
- Complete welding projects as needed
- Completes all special projects associated with building or grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to moving furniture or fixtures, changing lights, completing basic maintenance and repair needs to ensure timely completion of all maintenance needs,
- Perform general building maintenance which includes but not limited to carpentry, painting, plumbing, changing of light bulbs, repair of electrical devices.
- Maintain facility assets through scheduled preventative maintenance and repair activities which includes but not limited to roof inspections and repairs, concrete and asphalt paving inspections and repairs, concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and repairs including joint cleaning, routing, and filling, product racking inspections and repairs, automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and repairs, dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual, electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters), inspections and repairs.
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for daily refrigeration operator duties including ePSM inspections and logs
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and attendance
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
- Train and mentor Facility Tech I and II
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Facility maintenance tech school (preferred)
- Six years of industrial facility and ASRS maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Refrigeration Operator I / RETA: CARO
- Refrigeration Operator II / RETA: CIRO (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved the defensive driving program
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months
- Electrical Arc Flash training (preferred)
- Trade electrical I & II training (preferred)
- RETA CARO required
- RETA CIRO in addition to RETA CARO (preferred)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.