US0011 Sysco Louisville, Inc.
Travel Percentage:0Hiring Event: May 8th , 2021 10:00AM - 2:00PM
7705 national Turnpike
Louisville, KY 40214
Driver Helper will be responsible for delivering orders to customers on time and in good condition while maintaining a professional demeanor along with using preferred work methods to perform the job safely and successfully while satisfying the customer.
- Load and unload the truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Unload and verify all returning products with the appropriate check-in personnel.
- Pad, stack, and secure items in position to prevent damage during shipment.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- May operate company non-commercial vehicle to deliver a product to the customer as directed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Accurately count and deliver orders.
- Assist Drivers off-load products to customers.
- Able to lift up to 90 lbs. (Average case weight is 50 lbs.)
- Deliver food and related items to customers by unloading product from trailer and transporting it to a specified location.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform a job safely and participate in on-going safety awareness efforts.
- Adhere to established work schedule and attendance standards, and be punctual to work and meetings.
- Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. This special medical and prescription drug plan eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information below regarding Sysco’s benefits eligibility period. Standard eligibility rules (below) still apply to all other Sysco benefits. exclusions/exceptions may apply
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent preferred.
- Two-wheel dolly experience.
- Equipment operations experience.
- Able to count money and keep account of merchandise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs. and climb in and out of truck throughout the day
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.