US0007 Sysco Virginia, LLC
Dispatches delivery drivers and provides driver and customer support. Arranges schedules for workers, equipment, and/or service vehicles for the conveyance of materials and products. Maintain communications with all interested parties throughout the delivery process to ensure and facilitate the best possible product delivery and service. Update information and systems as required.
This job must be carried out in compliance with all Sysco Corporation Business Conduct and Ethics Standards, policies, and procedures as well as all Federal, State, and Local laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002.
- Timely dispatches drivers each morning, assuring that each driver has the correct invoices and all drivers depart terminal promptly.
- Completes Absentee and Tardy Forms.
- Makes necessary data input into E-Time and Achievement Based Compensation (ABC) pay systems.
- Provides driver and customer support via incoming phone calls to the transportation department.
- Maintains Tripmaster records, driver daily record of status records (Department of Transporation (DOT) Logs), and driver Manifest records.
- Designates vehicles according to factors, such as length and purpose of the trip, freight, passenger requirements, preference of the user, or other factors.
- May makes route adjustments or accommodations for deliveries, based on time of departure, destination, and expected time of return.
- Direct activities of drivers, using two-way radio or other communication and investigate overdue vehicles.
- Possibly confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, or delayed routes, or damaged merchandise.
- Retain a record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other expenses. May also coordinate the issue of equipment to drivers, such as hand trucks, dollies, and blankets.
- Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- High School diploma, General Education Development (GED), or ability to read, write, and perform mathematics at this level is required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of related work experience in Distribution or Food Service is required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) Class A is preferred, but not required.
- Adjusting actions concerning others' actions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.