US0038 Sysco Indianapolis, LLC
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
- This position will lead a team of New Business Developers for a specific region
- Responsible for driving profitable new customer growth by defining long-term strategic goals, identifying business opportunity (leveraging advanced analytics), and negotiating contracts to secure the business
- Sets One Sysco strategy regarding new business development
Establishes strategy for driving profitable new customer growth, with guidance from Regional VP of Sales and Director of Business Resources
- Works closely with Region Leadership Team, Business Resources, and SSMG leadership to define long-term strategic new business development goals
- Leverages advanced analytics to prioritize business opportunities within respective region (Ensure NBD resources are assigned to the right opportunities)
- Maintains team focus on key priorities for the quarter and year
- Leads monthly New Business Development meetings, and ensures action items assigned are carried out
- Responsible for Performance Management of NBD’s performance and routines.
- Design and implement formal training programs for NBD’s with major focus on targeted segment opportunities.
- Establish ongoing training and development of NBD’s through participation in General Sales Meetings, promotions, and Food Shows / customer events.
- Provide support as needed
- Evaluate and coach NBD’s in conjunction with Director of Business Resources / Sales leadership
Coordinate/Execute Prospect visits and tours of Sysco facilities
- Ensure resources are available to meet with prospects
- Preferred: BS or BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Agriculture/Animal Science or related studies.
- 10+ years relevant Sales experience
- Purchasing/Merchandising experience, preferred.
- 5+ years of foodservice sales experience, preferred.
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
Proven track record of growing sales directly or thought others. Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute strategic sales plans. Excellent negotiation skills. Excellent verbal skills, ability to speak effectively in front of large groups. Problem resolution expertise. Ability to adapt to different markets and philosophies. Strong attention to detail and follow up.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.