US0061 Sysco Lincoln, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Provide coaching and guidance to site leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation and application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations.
- Facilitate the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts.
- Analyze findings and review trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the site’s Affirmative Action Program (where applicable), complete required Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) compliance.
- Perform investigations and prepare written responses to EEOC claims, unemployment claims, etc.
- Work with site leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans. Coordinate recruiting efforts with Sysco Business Services (where applicable) to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled workers are hired, and workload levels are appropriate and maintained to minimize turnover.
- Direct resources and activities to support a culture of prevention awareness and accountability across the organization.
- Support the development of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) plans to meet operational goals to reduce accidents, injuries and incidents.
- Provide day-to-day direction and support to site HR staff including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation.
- Bachelor's degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field
- At least 7 years (10 preferred) of demonstrated HR leadership and management experience in distribution/manufacturing environments.
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.