US0016 Sysco South Florida, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
The Director of Business Specialists is an equal member of the senior sales leadership team. This position will be included in all strategic planning, decisions, and execution as it pertains to region sales. The senior sales leadership team will consist of the VP, Region Sales, Director, Local Sales, Director, New Business Development, Director, Sales Strategy & Operations, Director, Contract Sales and Director, Business Specialist.
Through the senior sales leadership team this position will drive the region’s strategic plan for growing sales, increasing penetration and reducing lost business. Specifically, this leadership role is responsible for driving the performance management, coaching, and deployment of the region’s specialist resources with the goal of enhancing the customer experience and achieving the region’s financial plan.
As noted in Sysco’s Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering Business Results and Leading People.
Up to 50% travel within region required.
- Lead a high-performing regional team of specialists to secure new business and increase penetration in alignment with region’s financial plan
- Develop and execute targeted specialist strategies to acquire new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business across categories, specialty segments, and Sysco brand
- Under the direction of the region VP of Sales; support or lead the coordination and execution of corporate, market, or region initiatives
- Drive team selling efforts around new business, lost business and penetration of existing accounts, aligning specialist resources toward unified goals
- Cultivate a culture of team sales excellence through clear communication of specific, timebound goals and by upholding a metrics driven performance management strategy
- Coach specialists on developmental opportunities and ensure there is a robust and measurable plan in place to deliver against individual and region results
- Interpret and harness data insights to provide feedback to the team, align priorities, and discover profitable business opportunities and focus areas
- Utilize KPIs/metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of business specialist growth strategies including specialist deployment and performance manage the team to deliver results
- Establish clear expectations and advocate best practices regarding utilizing Salesforce (Sysco’s CRM tool) as the primary sales communication, collaboration and analytical tool
- Drive brand and specialty focus, and champion innovative items and Category Management conversion products through support of merchandising
- As the region’s Specialty company relationship owner, create clear lines of communication and partnership and identify additional opportunities to unlock growth
- Communicate growth and retention opportunities to a broad range of stakeholders, including the region VP and Directors of Region Sales on a frequent basis
- Determine the best usage of specialists as direct customer sales resources to support industry and region special events with Sales and Marketing
- Support the development of Emerging/Local Contract Customer concepts both originating in the region and market
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5 years managing professional sales team in the foodservice industry and 5+ years leading a B2B sales team in a professional sales environment, with demonstrated success in contract sales
- Note to HR: Incumbents in role excused from bachelor’s degree requirement
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong financial acumen and ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Embraces change and champions corporate initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor associates and peers
- Track record of success in the area of consultative selling, networking and negotiations
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence a variety of key stakeholders
- Experience building trust with prospective customers and securing new business
- Strong business and restaurant operations acumen to manage sophisticated customers
- Analytical problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high-quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives at the same time
- Understanding of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and Sysco’s credit terms
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.