US0039 Sysco Iowa, Inc.
To provide safe, reliable and cost efficient vehicles by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any company owned equipment.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, and efficiently.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC low voltage)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
Education and / or Experience:
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school and 1 year of experience or 3 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current and valid driver's license.
- Annual Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Brake Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ASE certifications – Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred, Not Required)
- 609 HVAC Certification
- Working knowledge of computer based diagnostic software for OEM's and component manufacturers
- Technician must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- Moderate knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Moderate knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance Inspections and repair
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Moderate knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Basic knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Basic knowledge of environmental regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand tools
- Working conditions: Frequently works outdoors.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. This special medical and prescription drug plan eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information below regarding Sysco’s benefits eligibility period. Standard eligibility rules (below) still apple to all other Sysco benefits. exclusions/exceptions may apply
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.