US0047 Sysco Minnesota, Inc.
$8,500 Sign-On Bonus
This job is located in Mounds View, Minnesot. Offering $3,000 relocation assistance.
To assist Fleet Technician II and Fleet Technician III in providing safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- Learn to perform required inspections and preventive maintenance under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet manager on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Learn to perform FAI/CVI (Annual) (First Article Inspection - Commercial Vehicle Inspection) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Learn to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods under the guidance of fleet technician II & III, fleet supervisor or manager on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Learn to perform quality maintenance repairs under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
- Learn to perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or managers such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, timely and quality manner.
- Address all driver vehicle inspection report write-ups timely, efficiently and correctly the first time under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager.
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs under the guidance of fleet technician II & III or fleet supervisor or manager
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2-year school (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 to 3 years of fleet maintenance and repair preferred (No experience required)
- Current and valid driver's license (CDL Preferred)
- Basic knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Technicians must own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance inspections, repair and diagnostics.
- Apprentice will have performance reviews regularly to determine areas of improvement and areas that require additional training and development
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
- ASE certifications – Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred, Not Required)
- 609 HVAC Certification (Preferred, Not Required)
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEM’s and component manufacturers
- Apprentice will be required to complete Sysco SIU training modules for safety and other required courses.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other operating companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.