US0054 Sysco Connecticut, LLC
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 67,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 330 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 600,000 customer locations. We are looking for talented, hardworking individuals to join our team and experience the heart of food and service.
Sysco has immediate job openings for dependable CDL B Delivery Truck Drivers to safely and efficiently operate a tractor-trailer and manually unload/deliver various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods, supplies, etc.) to customer locations on an assigned route schedule. Our drivers build relationships with each customer using their positive, friendly attitude and become familiar with their operations to meet needs and expectations.
- 21+ years of age.
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screen.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- License to drive - valid Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) with a clean driving record.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Winning attitude and approachable personality.
- Touch freight – may need to lift, push or move product weighing an average of 40-60 pounds and as much as 100 pounds.
- Flexibility – overtime as required, occasional weekends and holiday.
- Excellent pay, including productivity incentives.
- Date of hire eligibility for medical and prescription drug plans
- Most CDL A Delivery Truck Drivers have daily routes and are home nightly.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE.
- Ongoing job skills and leadership development training.
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits.
- Generous retirement benefits.
- Employee discount programs.
- Service recognition and employee rewards.
- 15 % discount on Sysco stock (SYY).
- Referral programs.
- Safety programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Company paid uniforms annually
- More benefits, too many to name.
- Exclusions/Exceptions may apply
Sysco is more than just a place to work. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. To remain on top, we will continue to think bigger, work harder and never give up. It takes a special kind of CDL B Delivery Truck Driver to work for Sysco. Are you ready to drive success?
Click on the hyperlink to watch A Day in the Life of a Sysco Driver.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.