US0017 Sysco Las Vegas (Division of USA I)
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
- Receive and process orders in an accurate and timely manner, exceeding customer expectations.
- Respond to customers and Marketing Associate (MA) inquiries/requests for information concerning orders, deliveries or problems (such as product quality, delivery problems, delivery schedules, or product availability) all in a considerate and professional manner.
- Develop excellent communication and relationships with Marketing Associates and their accounts.
- Act as a secondary contact person for accounts when Marketing Associates are unavailable.
- Assist in training of sales associates of company procedures and policies.
- Give suggestive selling ideas to customers to increase sales.
- Must be able to multitask and handle multiple incoming lines.
- Relieve Receptionist Switchboard Operator when needed.
- Must project a professional and positive attitude.
- Operate in a "no surprise" manner with both external and internal customers.
- Interface with Merchandising Department, Company Management, and Operations/Transportation with the required information to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Handle MA vacation calls where applicable.
- Handle all pickups, credits, off day requests and when necessary, same-day deliveries.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years' related experience and/or training
- Demonstrate self-confidence and interpersonal communications skills, excellent telephone voice, manner, and etiquette.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Can write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, and data entry skills.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.