US3084 The SYGMA Network, Inc.
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
The Analyst, Supply Chain Design monitors, reviews and analyzes center operations to provide practical consultative and instructional support for distribution centers and Operational Leaders. In addition, the Transportation Analyst makes recommendations on the integration of new customers, transition of non-profitable customers and the network optimization of existing customers to Senior Leaders.
- Develop, streamline and maintain efficient routing, processes and procedures, including driver and fleet management, with the set goal of minimizing transportation and overall distribution center expenses while adhering to all customer, SYGMA, and federal regulatory parameters
- Develop and integrate new customers into existing routes, detailing the cost impact pertaining to equipment and driver needs in response to an acquisition or loss of business.
- Analyze existing routes for opportunities to reduce miles, delivery frequency and hours to improve cost control and consistency of deliveries
- Maintain ongoing restaurant sales history to analyze trends in restaurant ordering patterns; utilize this information to analyze tactical routing changes and provide direction to the centers
- Collaborate with Operational Leaders to determine the cost-optimal time frame to implement route adjustments due to seasonality
- Travel to distribution centers to develop new routing based on seasonal volume adjustments and major gain or loss of business. Work with Operational Leader to provide analysis and input of various operational models to recommend the most efficient means of distribution center operations
- Review current and potential backhaul opportunities and create routing to improve freight revenues while minimizing empty and deadhead mileage
- Maintain Network Routing Tool to ensure accuracy and generate optimal routing results
- Analyze the effectiveness of an implemented re-route through ongoing monitoring and communication with center
- Prepare reports for Sales Leadership and Purchasing Leadership on shifts in Order and Delivery Days by Concept
- Provide on-going support and consultation via phone or other communication means to center management regarding new customers and their impact to routing and distribution.
- Create proposals for Transportation Management to improve efficiency, customer service and safety
- This position requires extensive travel and works with minimal amount of supervision
Proforma Routing & Analysis
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency of the Network Routing Software, produce and evaluate Proforma analysis for potential business and determine customer impact to current center operations
- Plan and prepare meetings and presentations for Sales Leadership and the Executive Staff to communicate proposed service areas and expense control opportunities
Compliance and Other Duties
- Provide consultation to center personnel to ensure compliance to DOT and other applicable regulations
- Verify and compare Routing Tool Mileage to ELD System Actual Mileage for overall improvement of routing
- Review Planned VS Actual Routing with Transportation Leadership
- Assess and analyze center operational statistics, sales figures and financial results regarding transportation costs and overall profitability to keep appraised and to make recommendations that result in operational cost savings
- College degree in Business Management, Finance or Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Transportation Leadership Role at a Distribution Center or Corporate Analyst Role
- Experience in commercial vehicle routing, with a good understanding of maps, cartography and the road and highway network
- Experience with US DOT regulations and Network Routing Software strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong relationship building skills
- Strong PC literacy and technical expertise – MS Office (Excel)
- Well-developed communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with all levels of management
- Heavy communications with Central Office and Center Leadership and outside vendors by telephone and in-person
- Analytical / Mathematical Skills
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software ability and ability to learn SYGMA / Sysco software programs.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature, however, may require physical exertion while in the performance of offering center operational support.
- Must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes, with or without correction
- Usually in a normal office environment.
- About 30% of the time is spent traveling by air.
- PC, AS/400, Word, Excel, Access, ELD Systems, Network Routing Systems, and assorted utility packages, i.e. Norton, etc.
License or Certification:
- Valid driver’s license and certificate of auto insurance as defined in Company Policy
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days off, including sick leave and vacation.
Visit https://www.syscobenefits.com/ to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.