US3084 The SYGMA Network, Inc.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists) The Accounts Payable Claims Specialist manages all Claims filings with our parent company and performs reconciliation of intercompany accounts related to such claims. Ensures all claims made into the Sysco Claims system are properly authorized and approved transactions, and made within Company guidelines.
- Process Sysco Inter-company claims with BSCC including product, freight, returns, and pricing deviations on a timely basis.
- Ensure all claims files are properly supported with accurate documents including invoices, bills of lading, receiving records, and OS&D forms.
- Work across Company departments with process flows to allow for proper claims filing.
- Ensure proper tracking of claims and updating the status of the submissions to BSCC, and work with team to ensure rejections are corrected timely.
- Review rejection causes and resubmit corrected claims.
- Provide monthly and annual summaries of claims filed, approved, and rejected.
- Work with Finance Leadership to reconcile claims (debit memos) monthly.
- Work on other vendor invoice dispute resolution details and any other AP functions as needed.
- Work closely with purchasing and pricing group regarding pricing differences between invoices and purchase orders resulting in claims, resolving complex issues.
- Work closely with warehouse personnel regarding quantity or weight differences between invoices and receiving documentation resulting in claims.
- Assist A/P Leadership with vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile monthly inter-company transactions for all corporate billing.
- Ensure claims from each payment cycle are filed on a timely basis according to company policy.
- Communicate with vendors regarding any claims issues.
- Perform special tasks and projects as needed by Finance Leadership.
- Assist other AP Associates to ensure a smooth flow of paperwork within the department covering the teams work load, and as needed by AP Leadership.
- Associate Degree in Accounting is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounts payable
- Minimum of 2 years experience with accounts payable dispute resolution work
- Extensive Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Infinium AP systems
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly with employees, vendors and other business contacts by telephone and email
- Ability to work efficiently within the BSCC claims system
- Excel Spreadsheet and other Microsoft skills at an intermediate level
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature
- Must be able to read at distances close to the eyes, with or without correction
- Office environment.
- Calculator, copier, PC, telephone, and facsimile machine. Infinium A/P - P/L system. Excel Outlook and Word required.
License or Certification:
I verify to the best of my knowledge that I meet the requirements necessary to complete the essential duties of the job to the job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.